Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default Christmas tree unlighting

On 05/01/2013 17:55, Broadback wrote:
On 05/01/2013 14:32, polygonum wrote:
On 05/01/2013 12:48, Adrian C wrote:
A quick holiday snap before placing these lights in hibernation for
another year.

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac327/turnstyler/DSC_02771_zps2f8ce90c.jpg

Purchased in 1980 for £2.99, made in taiwan, used yearly, rare failures,
push fit bulbs, carefullly packed away.

Sleep tight little ones ... ;-)

As Twelfth Night is the end of Christmas, we were discussing the
Decoration Police knocking on the door: "Evening all. I have reason to
believe you might still have a Christmas card upon your mantel."

Operating, of course, under the control of Stephen Fry in his Malvolio
character.

Also next year blue Christmas lights will be forbidden. Why are cars and
lorries allowed to display blue lights? Has the world gone mad? Don't
answer that!

IIRC there has never been any restriction on vehicles showing blue
lights, only flashing ones. The police used to pull people for this, but
found that they had no grounds to, so stopped. However, I have noticed
quite a few trucks with red Christmas lights in the cab and there is a
specific prohibition against showing a red light to the front (or a
white to the rear).

SteveW