Mark P Williams Mark P Williams is offline
Junior Member

Default Furnace squeaks when it turns off

Edit:

So... I thought the system would let me know when people replied to my post... so I came back to see if I could bump this and WOW, everyone here has given me a ton of leads and advice... Thank you so much to everyone who replied!!

Hi,

First time poster...

I'm fairly new to the US forced air furnace system, but my question is something that I haven't gotten an answer to on google... so here I am.

My furnace appears to be functioning normally, no strange sound except when it finishes and the thermostat clicks off... when the airflow stops there is a horrid squeak, followed by another squeak and then a third... this has been happening for quite sometime, with this being the third winter in the house in the north east but to my ear it is getting longer.

If this is normal and is just the sound of a vent closing, that would be awesome but I'd like to check!

also the thermostat clicks off and the furnace takes a minute to shut off... it is a high efficiency furnace installed in 02.

Much appreciation to anyone out there who has a clue to what this could be.

Thanks,

Mark.

Last edited by Mark P Williams : January 9th 13 at 12:37 AM