Posted to uk.d-i-y
Charlie Charlie is offline

Default Remote controlled sockets instead of low level lighting circuit. Recommendations?

On Sunday, January 6, 2013 2:26:52 PM UTC, rbel wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 14:16:43 +0000, The Medway Handyman

wrote:

On 06/01/2013 08:09, Charlie wrote:

I have bottled out of installing a low level wall lighting circuit in

the lounge so thought I'd use remote plug sockets instead. Has anyone

got a recommendation for ones which have pretty innocuous plug

sockets and have a wall mounted switch option?

Thanks

Charlie

We just use the plug in ones, most are behind book cases etc anyway.

Think ours are Byron, about �30 a set of 4 from B&Q. Had them for years.

B&Q also do these remote sockets under �30

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/electrica...skuId=12338230

These are Siemens rebadged LightwaveRF units - see my post in this

thread.

--

rbel

Think I might have found something more reasonably priced:
http://www.wirelesslightingstore.com/

Just need to check that the switches work with the sockets.