Posted to alt.home.repair

Default WD-40 & Silicone Spray. When is one better over the other?

Spraying the seat belt probably won't do much good, if the roller mechanism
is binding.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"gregz" wrote in message
eiger3970 wrote:
responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...er-153295-.htm

eiger3970 wrote:
My first post on here.
What a fascinating, lengthy discussion about WD40 and silicon spray. I'm
quite amazed and had to
respond.

I'm still confused and all I want to do is lubricate my driver's seat
belt which sticks, rather than
winding itself back in?

My Toyota Corolla Ascent 2003 local wreckers people suggested silicon
spray which is a first for
me.
My dad always said to use WD-40, but that was in the stone age before
access to a world
knowledge base.

I would really like a definitive list comparison of points.
If/when I have time I'll make it up, but for now I might try an Internet
search for: Lubricants for
seat belts.

Thanks for the entertaining fights too ;-)

Your talking about lubrication the belt ? I use silicone which works for a
while. Best to clean and dry first with degreaser.

Greg