Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Remote controlled sockets instead of low level lighting circuit.Recommendations?

On 06/01/2013 09:21, Adrian C wrote:
On 06/01/2013 08:09, Charlie wrote:
I have bottled out of installing a low level wall lighting circuit in
the lounge so thought I'd use remote plug sockets instead. Has anyone
got a recommendation for ones which have pretty innocuous plug
sockets and have a wall mounted switch option?

We have a Byron set here which works well (had it for years so doubtless
the model will be obsolete now); the hand-held remote is blu-tacked to
the side of the door frame near the light switch, which works for me!

MK Echo series

http://www.mkelectric.com/Documents/...20Brochure.pdf

"Wireless... batteryless... Self-powered: uses innovative technology to
‘harvest’ energy"

How does that work, then? Can't see any more details in the brochure

--
David