Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default WD-40 & Silicone Spray. When is one better over the other?

On Jan 6, 5:08*am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
On 1/5/2013 6:36 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote :

All I know is WD-40 is not a lubricant. It's solvent loosening things up
and cleaning.

Here we go again... WD-40 is *both* a lubricant and a solvent. Look up the MSDS. There *is*
oil in it.

When I was in college, I worked the night shift at a military ordnance
factory that manufactured the clockwork like safety fuses for artillery
shells, the mechanism was lubricated with WD-40. ^_^

TDD

All you need to know about it here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wd40

All but half wits know there is a lubricant in it.
Half wits because everything is so easy to check out these days.

You can make your own, all you need is kerosine or diesel fuel mixed
with engine oil.