Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F.K.[_2_] F.K.[_2_] is offline

Default Took some photos in the shop today....

On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 13:08:38 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Jan 4, 12:51*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 12:46:09 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"

wrote:
"Tom Gardner" Mars@Tacks wrote in message
m...
On 1/2/2013 7:26 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
Exactly. *For most die work we'll hold .0005", for the length of the
pins on a die set we use a tape measure. *The point is to know the
difference...and obviously the trolls don't.

How often do y'all see machinists also shear and bend sheet metal?
jsw

Quite a few "general machinists" will do it as part of their project.
Just like they will weld and braze, and torch or plasma cut. *And
besides, this is a METALWORKING group - not a "machinists" or "cnc" or
"cad/cam" group. It's RCM - which even includes hammering copper, or
wire sculpture.

It's now a group hijacked by phony conservative assholes who follow
the cult of Gunner.

These phony conservative assholes have forgotten what conservatism
should mean as well as what ethics are.

In addition we have the non-metalworking computer idjets.