Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jonathan Banquer Jonathan Banquer is offline

Default Old fart honey question

On Jan 3, 4:01*pm, "Jim Wilkins" wrote:
"Jonathan Banquer" wrote in message

-I spent over two years working in Qualcomm's machine shop. It was a
-very small prototype machine shop. There were only three of us and
all
-of us had to deal directly with whatever Qualcomm engineer wanted
-parts made. We all had to quote the part, program the job, machine
the
-part, make all the arrangements for whatever the part needed
-(anodizing, heat treat, etc.) as well as handle packaging and
shipping
-of the part. The majority of parts I programmed and machined were
-designed by Qualcomm's electrical engineers.

Hmm.

Drs Bernard Sklar and Andrew Viterbi were VERY highly regarded by the
Ph.D. engineers and mathematicians at Mitre. I attended Dr Sklar's two
week short course in digital communications theory and have never
before or since struggled so hard to understand something. I knew I
was in trouble when he asked for a numerical energy value of the
entropy of a data pattern. My Chemistry degree had been relatively
light on calculus and advanced statistics.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viterbi_algorithm

Viterbi was long gone when I worked for Qualcomm. I don't think he has
had much to do with Qualcomm for many years now and has moved on. So
have I.