Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Fred C. Dobbs Fred C. Dobbs is offline

Default Old fart honey question

On 1/3/2013 12:09 PM, Jonathan Banquer wrote:
On Jan 3, 11:11 am, "Jim Wilkins" wrote:
"jon_banquer" wrote in message

-Arrogant, ignorant engineers who don't understand machining and who
-don't think they need to learn anything from a machinist calling for
-needless small radius's in the bottom of deep pockets. They whine
like
-spoiled little bitches when their part is so expensive / takes to
long
-to machine.

That too, electrical engineers in particular learn next to nothing of
mechanical subjects. I had to show one how to clamp a block in a vise,
and explain Pemnuts to a highly respected mechanical engineering
professor.

I spent over two years working in Qualcomm's machine shop. It was a
very small prototype machine shop. There were only three of us and all
of us had to deal directly with whatever Qualcomm engineer wanted
parts made. We all had to quote the part, program the job, machine the
part, make all the arrangements for whatever the part needed
(anodizing, heat treat, etc.) as well as handle packaging and shipping
of the part. The majority of parts I programmed and machined were
designed by Qualcomm's electrical engineers.

We have very serious issues with manufacturing in America that other
countries like Germany seem to be much better at than we are.

That's because manufacturing in America is plagued with argumentative
know-nothing ****wits like you.

know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs.