Tom Watson

Default What is Living Trade?

On 12 May 2004 09:44:48 -0700, (Patrick Olguin)
wrote:

intersniporama throughout

This has led, according to my set of biases, prejudices and
sensibilities, to a great number of pieces - perfectly executed in
joinery, form and function - yet outright abortions when it comes to
final presentation of the hallowed medium: wood.

I'm thinkin' they call that "Art Furniture".

Interesting.
First your remarks about panty lace, and now when Chuck conducts a
basic exploration in design, grain, color and balance in a project
(regardless of its perceived loftiness), he's dismissed as a
****ant... an effeminate little decorator.

Whyn't ya come right out and call him a faggit?

I'm not a hunnert percent perzactly sure, but this guy might not even
be the original DA guy - his current way of expressing hisself don't
jive with what I've read of his in the past.

'Course - brain tumors and such can wreak substantial havoc in the
area of personality and its expression. Ya know, the whole cognitive
dissonance thing - kinda like what can be induced by too close a
proximity to certain B-Flatulent instruments (I'm thinkin' slush pumps
here - so rest easy big stallion.)

I'm married to one. She's a restaurant designer, quite feminine and
frankly - ****ing brilliant.

Yabutt - she's really cute, too - and that takes precedence.

Off the top of her head, she knows the
working properties of every laminate and substrate out there (Keeter,
stay away... I can see you getting turned on, you little Formica
junkie),

Now you gone ane dunnit. That boy'll be up all night thinkin' 'bout
roll laminating and bending properties.

all while knowing the difference between lavender, periwinkle
and lilac and at the same time laughing at anyone who'd put artwork of
Pollack and Monet in the same room.

I once painted a room with a couple of original JP paintings in it. I
started looking at my old drop cloths like they might be worth money
someday.

I am amazed at the depth and breadth of knowledge my own little
effeminate decorator possesses, who without any prompting knew
precisely the difference between dado, rabbet, moving fillester, side
bead, center bead, hollow, round, sash and coping planes, and why they
had to work the way they did. There's just no stopping those
intuitive feminine types when they've got a little eddyfication and
experience.

Yabutt she's really cute, too and ...(I guess we already covered
that).

Trouble is (for you), a person doesn't have to have a nice rack,

Doesn't make you a bad person.

or be
a flaming queer

And neither does that.

to possess an eye for design. Tough **** if that
doesn't fit into your homophobic paradigm.

Yeah, this is why I'm thinkin' this might not be DA but some sorta
homophobic monkey assed troll. If he starts after Boy Dave, we'll
know fer sure.

And therefore, when I read of a woodworker, pal or not, discussing the
vagaries of design, color, balance and grain - regardless of the
judged complexity of the piece - I manage to fight through what
obviously got the best of you, namely: that knee jerk schoolyard
proclivity to label him a sissy-boy

We were in favor of the term, "Ya big Mary".

and run back to the fort in the
middle of the field, to light farts

Demonstrating scientific principles involved in the potiential use of
the stored energy of the hominid biomass is a more or less decent use
of your time - and can be damned entertaining in a darkened
environment.

Your pseudo-intellectual, bloated Usenet thesaurasizing doesn't fool
anyone, DAC. Well, it doesn't fool me. To you, the mere thought of
embracing some sort of sensitivity (or hell, even a basic education)
when it comes to wood selection, grain coordination/orientation (yes,
I said orientation), color, and so on, sends your alligator-mouthed,
hummingbird-assed faux persona screaming to the not-quite-full deck of
latent homosexual playing cards. That's gotta be a tough way to live.
Feel free to deal us out, Bubba, ya little Pomeranianesque
ankle-biter.

Well **** - that one hit the high C - shattered all the glasses - and
made the dogs howl. That were a good'un O'Deener.

So, Chuck, if you're anything like the little effeminite decorator I
know, at least in your efforts to conceive and execute a functional,
aesthetically sound design, then you are a (sensitive) man among men.
Now where the hell's that mesquite? ;o)

To get serious for only the briefest of moments - wooddorking is an
aesthetic act. If you ain't got an appreciation for mass, scale,
balance, figure, color, proportion, line, etc. - ya better get yaself
some - or else start a collection of them little Ikea allen wrenches.

O'Deen

Nicely done rant, O'Deen.

(watson - who is hoping that ole DA don't really have a brain tumor or
nuthin.)

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)