Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Took some photos in the shop today....

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 20:16:45 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Then how do you explain the 'Pinto'? ;-)

That was Ford's revenge on small-car buyers. On many visits in the
1970's to midwestern auto plants I saw ONE Honda, NO Volkswagens and
only a couple of Toyotas. What you drove determined how close in you
could park.

I heard that it was a failed military prototype, intended to be
backed into battle so their exploding gas tank would take out the enemy.
;-)

You guys. tsk tsk tsk I participated in the warranty repair of
many Pintos (Support gas tank, R&R straps, insert nylon plate. Done.)
while working at a Ford dealership. And I later owned one. Guess
what? I'm still here and I have no burns on me, but I didn't "park it
on the freeway" like the one idiot lady did.

Shame on you, Larry. Where is your sense of humor? You survived,
inspite of driving a Pinto. (AKA: The flaming bean) ;-)