Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gingerly getting into manufacturing

Gunner on Tue, 01 Jan 2013 17:35:10 -0800 typed
On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 07:45:41 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Jan 1, 3:33 am, jon_banquer wrote:

Tom's **** hole shop, Ohio Brush is far from neat, organized or
modern:

http://www.neme-s.org/Oshkosh_2007/O...h/DSC02519.JPG

And pictures of YOUR shop are where? Anyone can brag about how clean
someone else's shop is.\

Dan

As I recall...Ohio Brush has been in business since 1875.

Its hardly surprising that they have older machines in continuous
operation.

It's abit "cluttered" for my taste. Knowing me, I'd start out
clearing "my" workspace. But I'd also start filling up the unused
space with "important" stuff, and eventually it would be back to
"cluttered" - but with _my_ stuff. Which is Important, unlike the
Junk which used to be there.

The pix are more than 10 years old. I hate clutter and had abolished it
when I bought the rest of the stock. Today, most of the products I make
weren't even designed ten years ago. We had to retool just about
everything.