Martin

Default Burglar Alarm

Remote keypads didn't respond when clearing the alarm, worked OK setting it,
but not clearing.
First PIR failed within two days, second one failed a week later.
A number of minor things like setting zone names, and the names ONLY being
used for event recall, not normal operation.
Stupid error messages like "fault" (and nothing else) which you then have to
call the premium rate support line to find out what it means.
Tech support only avalable 9-5 on a premium rate number, totaly useless to
people like me who's employers block premium rate numbers; had to take half
a days leave to find-out what "fault" meant!
Every time I set the alarm and opened the designated entry/exit door it was
logged as a zone fault in the event history; how the **** am I suposed to
get out of the building, through a window!

"Grunff" wrote in message
Martin wrote:

I made the mistake of buying one!!!
After a catalogue of problems and failures I finally removed it; still
trying to get the money back!

What exactly went wrong? There's so little to break on a burglar
alarm, it's difficult to imagine a whole catalogue of problems.

--
Grunff