Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Preppers

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 12:59:06 -0800, "Fred C. Dobbs"
wrote:

On 12/31/2012 12:48 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 10:55:57 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

That's just one more good reason not to live in snow country, AFAIC.

Winter is the cheapest and easiest time for me to live. Snow isn't as
annoying as bugs and doesn't spread Lyme disease, West Nile and EEE.
And we don't have poisonous snakes.

Maybe not, but it'll kill you a whole lot quicker than bugs will,
given any chance at all. I prefer less deadly climes.

Winter is the reason modern civilization and market economies developed
so much more in northerly latitudes. First of all, surviving cold
weather requires greater industry (in the meaning of industriousness)
and planning. Secondly, and paradoxically, keeping yourself warm enough
to keep living - and producing - is cheaper than keeping yourself cool
enough in hot climates.

The harder you work, the warmer you get. Counterproductive in hot
climates. I've lived in central Africa, and in Ontario Canada. I know
where I prefer to work!!!!!!

You can put on clothes untill you are warm. Even if the law allowed
it, you cannot take off enough to be cool.