Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Preppers

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 08:21:32 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Then what would a "prepper" do?

This is how the government knows you should prepa
http://www.ready.gov/are-you-ready-guide

Right you are, Jim. 204 pages, minimal content, shiny brochure!

I like the LDSPrep-V8.pdf (available online) much better. I
downloaded it yesterday. They've grabbed the best info from avaialable
sources and put it into a content-packed 509 pages. I overlook the
religious stuff and take the important content instead. It starts
getting good about page 23.

Their Master Food Lists, Supply Guides, Food Purchasing Calendar,
Grain Cooking Charts, etc. are worth the price (free) alone. FIFO, so
you're going through your stock as you live and replacing as you go.

I think it's time to build that solar oven, too. Free fuel.

Pemmican is available at Amazon? Amazing.

My storage seed packets came yesterday. I can grow them next year and
collect their fertile seeds for later.

I consider Prepping to be just another form of insurance, but one
which serves me even better than regular insurance since I'll be safe,
well fed, well lit, and comfortable during any given disaster.

This sig is from the LDS manual.

--
You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore
the consequences of ignoring reality.