Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike B Mike B is offline

Default Google plus metalworking community

On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 20:43:48 -0800 (PST), Jonathan Banquer
wrote:

On Dec 29, 8:39*pm, Mike B someone@noplace wrote:
On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:13:57 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Dec 21, 4:42 am, Mike B someone@noplace wrote:
For those that have a Google plus login, I've created a 'metalworking community'
that hopefully will become a more on-topic version of this newsgroup.
(I guess time will tell if Google's automatic spam filtering system is up to the
task).
Mike

Usenet is dead for metalworking, CADCAM, etc. You have the right idea
but I think you're starting your group in the wrong place. At present
LinkedIn seems to be the best place to start a discussion group. I
started a LinkedIn group called CADCAM Technology Leaders.

The target audience appears to be people who re-sell and support CAD software.
There is little or no mention of anything to do with metalworking.

The target audience are people who use CADCAM software. The majority
of people that engage in discussions on my LinkedIn group CADCAM
Technology Leaders are end users of CADCAM Software. The group now has
well over 400 members and is growing very rapidly.

Suggest you start a group for machining on LinkedIn if you aren't
happy with what exists now.

What advantage does Linkedin have as a host for a discussion group compared to
Google Plus?