Posted to alt.home.repair
.[_22_] .[_22_] is offline

Default Programmable Thermostat

[When I ask for help, I expect the responses to be helpful (not insulting)].

I have a Totaline Model P474-1035 Programmable 5-2 day Digital Thermostat.

In the owner's manual, in the "Normal Operation" section, the "Manual Thermostat Operation" instructions say to:

1. Set the program switch to "OFF".

2. Set the mode switch to "Heat" or "Cool". (Since I don't need cooling in the winter, I've set the mode switch to "Heat").

3. Set the fan switch to "On" or "Auto". (Since I don't want the fan to run all the time, I've set the fan switch to "Auto").

4. Use the "Up" or "Down" buttons to set the desired temperature. (I've set the desired temperature to 78 degrees)

If the current room temperature is 64 degrees, shouldn't the heat come on immediately or is there a built-in delay?