Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Programmable Thermostat

On 12/28/2012 11:13 AM, . wrote:
The temperature in my home is always either too hot or too cold so I suspect the programmable thermostat is not set correctly.

The owner's manual mentions "set point" but it's not clear what that means.

Is the "setpoint" the temperature at which the furnace (or air conditioner) turns on or turns off?

I would expect it to be half way between the two temperatures. For
example, set it to 70 and the heat comes on at 68 and goes off at 72.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"If judged only by the results that challenge the laws of probabilities,
then the power of prayer is nil." [Judith Hayes, U.S. freethinker,
author]