Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Joyeux Noel

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 05:45:26 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I felt sorry for him and got him a real set. The Paki stuff is up on a
shelf somewhere.

Yeah, condolences. I've seen those 3-pc sets and they're real junk.
I didn't do much research the first time and got a nice, shiny,
useless, HEAVY, straight katana. It'd take off a head by sheer weight
alone, I'm sure. ;( But I'm only out $30 and it's in a pretty,
silk-wrapped, dust-collecting box.

I believe the tanto would be well suited as a fallback CQC weapon,
plus it's a truly beautiful looking knife. g

This guys stuff LOOKs good, but I dont have a clue if it IS good.

Execution is pretty nice. Though the WW2 blivit is bogus. His feedback
is pretty good though

http://www.ebay.com/sch/chenmuw8008/...trksid=p369 2

One of my working blades came from these people. Ive no complaints
about it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/full-hand-Ir...4-/28104093115

Ive been playing around with a Naginata..Chinese made...but pretty
decently done. Swapped for it from a guy who was needing some welding
Stuff. Learning to use it properly has been a whole new ballgame.

If you like working tantos..check out Cold Steel on Ebay. Decent
blades

Ive carried one of these for almost 25 yrs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLD-STEEL-O...-/150968254462

Still works nicely. G

Of course..there is the Good Stuff...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/27-KOTO-KATA...-/281030541600