Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Kindling maker

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 08:59:20 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
Ive not lit the stove yet this year...Carhart insulated coveralls at
night work ok..but its gonna get cold pretty soon and working with
ski
gloves on simply isnt in the cards

I've found insulated hunting coveralls much more comfortable when I'm
not doing something that could snag their soft, very flexible fabric.

Around here Walmart sells flannel-lined jeans and work pants that are
cozy to lounge around in. I'm comfortable working bare-handed in a 35
degree shop wearing them, an insulated vest over a flannel shirt and a
hat.
jsw

Im a desert dweller. A very very cold night here might be 36F..but we
will have a lot...a lot of fog at those temps. Summer tends to be at
100-108ish with a long spring and a long fall in the 50s-80s. Summer
humidity is around 12-25%..winter tends to be in the 80% or higher
range. Right now its 45F and 93% so we will have a bit of fog this
morning.

So between the cool and the humidity in winter..it gets COLD. If it
would drop below freezing..the humidity goes away and it actually
would warm up in "feel"

They say it might snow this year..but I doubt it. We have only had one
snow fall on the mountains (5000') and it didnt stay the entire next
day..was mostly gone by noon.

Ive got some insulated hunting coverals that I occasionally wear out
in the shop, but I love Carrharts and have a number of insulated
pairs. Can find em here in the second hand stores fairly regularly...I
live in the middle of the oil fields..so folks have money to spend on
good clothes and do.

Even have a couple pair of Sorrels..but havent put em on since my last
hunting trip...almost 5 yrs now. Up in the coastal range in Febuary as
I recall. Its 7 am..and its time for bed.

Gunner

1. Lie