Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kindling maker

"Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)"
wrote in message

Oh, the cleanout cap for the main riser (below the tee inlet) can be
the thin Heat Duct stuff, it shouldn't get that hot.

The cleanout plug on my chimney was partly galvanized and rain washed
down acidic residues that ate it away. Now it's entirely stainless. I
added a handle to help pull it out if it's frozen in place; lighting a
small fire doesn't warm it enough and prevents me from brushing the
flue. I can heat the frozen plug with a torch but then the hot rim
drips with creosote I don't want on gloves. Freezing rain is a big
problem here, if not where Gunner lives.

jsw