Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Joyeux Noel

On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 00:58:09 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 21:36:04 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 19:13:41 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:58:09 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 16:14:52 -0500, Brian Lawson
wrote:

All the Best, and a Happy New Year.

Mega-Dittoes, Brian and All!

Brian Lawson,
With a White Christmas !!! in
Bothwell, Ontario

I stood in the snow in Merlin, OR this morning, installing a new
mailbox post for a client who recently moved down here from Alaska.
You guys can _have_ that white stuff.

White stuff? Oh..you mean that stuff way up on the mountain tops way
up high?

It sometimes comes down to visit us here in Oryguns. Luckily, it
doesn't stick around most of the time. We're due for 14F temps
Thursday night, though. Brrrr! But it kills most of the skeeters.

Shrug..I never get to that elevation

I'm at a lofty 900' here, dude. g (Grants Pass is 960'.)

Gunner, who mowed the lawn today.

Watch your email for pics of my new lawn.

So when do you plant the corn ,come spring? Got enough room there for
winter wheat btw

I've thought about that, lemme tell ya. The West 40 (approx 1/16A) is
for my garden. It gets the longest sun.

Btw...put a bumper and a pair of headlight housing on the hedge..and
maybe a chrome windshield frame. It would look pretty good.

Nah. I'll have the solar array at the front of the house (where the
remaining 2/3 of the birch tree is now) to reduce the length of 12v
wiring. I have enough angle iron and pipe to build the adjustable
frame now, so I'll TIG it up and install it this winter, before I need
it. This 45W system is only for emergency lighting but I might add a
leased system to power the whole house some day. It would cost me
about the same as electricity does now; maybe a bit more. Luckly, I'm
-not- one of the 1,950 people around here who are without electricity
for the past 5 days. 60,000 were out but they fixed lots of downed
lines after the snowstorm took down a whole bunch of trees. We were
relatively untouched out here in the valley. I saw 4 trees down in
Grants Pass during a 15 minute drive the other day. It was a thick,
wet snow and broke lots of branches. I had a wrist-thick branch hit
my roof from the birch.
It's going soon, though.

And much more perennial greenery and flower color, plus a few mounds,
will go up there. I'll intersperse edible garden goodies there.

You actually do have enough space there to plant a decent "stacked"
garden come spring

Yeah, I do that now in a single raised bed on the West 40. I'll grow
lots more next year, JIC. Non-GMO, non-hybrid heirloom seeds are in
the mail to me now, as well as a nice little 55cm Japanese tanto. (My
Christmas presents to myself.)

1. Lie

Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer