Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt
Rob Morley Rob Morley is offline

Default OT - configuring PAN newsreader -Xpost

On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 12:23:05 +0000

On 2012-12-25, Rob Morley wrote:

X itself is pretty lightweight, the window managers and desktop
managers run on it can be light and minimal or heavier and more
elaborate. Xfce and LXDE are lightweight desktop managers with the
"classic" (rather dated) look of CDE and W95 respectively, which
quite a few people seem to be using these days instead of the
"full fat" Gnome, KDE and Unity (Ubuntu) desktops.

Do you blame them? Have you *seen* Gnome3 and Unity?

Actually I've been happily using Unity since Ubuntu 12.04 was
released. It's not brilliant but I don't think it's as terrible as
some people would have you believe.

twm FTW.

Just installed that, running it now - it really shows how sloppy my
mouse control has become, not sure whether I should blame Unity or
decrepitude. It's a while since I've used focus follows mouse too.