Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley Rob Morley is offline

Default OT - configuring PAN newsreader -Xpost

On 25 Dec 2012 09:39:27 GMT
Terry Fields wrote:

I'm using the same combination; I thought I'd try Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on
a lappy that had suffered an irrecoverable Windows crash. It's
certainly made the lappy usable (except it suffers from the choppy
video problem for which there doesn't seem to be a fix). I'm used to
an old version of Agent, and find that Pan has some annoyances.

How do you Collapse All Threads? Doing a Get All Headers in Selected
Groups automatically collapses all threads on some groups but not
others....

You can add a regex to get rid of annoying people, but there's no
link to where these are stored. You can modify them individually, if
you can find the now-hidden messages....

Still, the 'modern' appearance of Pan and Thunderbird are quite a
change.

I can't comment on Pan or Thunderbird as I don't use them. Have you
tried Claws Mail for email and newsgroups? Also Forte Agent v6 has a
Wine platinum rating if you prefer that.