Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Terry Fields Terry Fields is offline

Default OT - configuring PAN newsreader -Xpost

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 20:44:04 +0000, David wrote:

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 12:09:04 +0000, Terry Fields wrote:

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 10:15:05 +0000, David WE Roberts wrote:

My problem is that I can't find the Edit option - or any other option
for that matter.

Here, it's hidden until I mouse over the bar at the top that says "Pan:
uk.d-i-y".

Now here's a wierd thing.
If I have Pan as just a window on part of the desktop then this doesn't
work.
If I make Pan full screen (maximise) then the mouse over does show the
menu bar.

Thanks - I think I can now manage but I am less than impressed.

This from Pan under Ubuntu.

I'm using the same combination; I thought I'd try Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on a lappy that had suffered an
irrecoverable Windows crash. It's certainly made the lappy usable (except it suffers from the choppy video
problem for which there doesn't seem to be a fix). I'm used to an old version of Agent, and find that Pan has
some annoyances.

How do you Collapse All Threads? Doing a Get All Headers in Selected Groups automatically collapses all
threads on some groups but not others....

You can add a regex to get rid of annoying people, but there's no link to where these are stored. You can modify
them individually, if you can find the now-hidden messages....

Still, the 'modern' appearance of Pan and Thunderbird are quite a change.

--
Terry Fields