Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

Default OT - configuring PAN newsreader -Xpost

On 24/12/12 20:44, David wrote:
On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 12:09:04 +0000, Terry Fields wrote:

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 10:15:05 +0000, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Terry Fields" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 22:23:40 +0000, David WE Roberts wrote:

I have used Pan in the past under Linux.
IIRC for a while it was not part of the official build.
Now it seems to be back.
Fine - it was a pretty good news reader.

However having installed the latest version and configured my NNTP
server I now can't find how to get back into the configuration.

Edit Edit Newservers?

My problem is that I can't find the Edit option - or any other option
for that matter.

Here, it's hidden until I mouse over the bar at the top that says "Pan:
uk.d-i-y".

Now here's a wierd thing.
If I have Pan as just a window on part of the desktop then this doesn't
work.
If I make Pan full screen (maximise) then the mouse over does show the
menu bar.

Thanks - I think I can now manage but I am less than impressed.

This from Pan under Ubuntu.

MMM. that sort of behaviour may be a conflict between video drivers,
windowing system and PAN.

You may find a newer video driver or telling the old one not to be TOO
smart may help

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.