Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Best way to set up gas central heating controls

On 24/12/2012 16:15, Stephen H wrote:
On 24/12/2012 12:18, ss wrote:
On 24/12/2012 10:48, Stephen H wrote:
It has a daily mode, a weekdays (5) and Weekends (2) mode and a 7 day
week mode. You have can up to 4 set points per day.

My apologies for wording, The system I have does indeed have a
programmables thermostat, its a drayton and allows various settings
although it controls all for the full house, thats not too much of a
problem as we only use the loo and 1 bedroom upstair so all the other
rads are off upstair (frost setting).

In that case the time control box is totally unneccesary considering you
always have nearish instant hot water upon demand and you have a
programmable thermostat that has a clock in it.....

Slowly getting it sorted, moved into the house 18 months ago and with
all the diy the heating wasnt a priority other than it worked, it took
me ages to work out the time clock/thermo as my previous system had
seperates. The bill for this quarter last year was £510 (gas & elec)
this year I estimate £410 so taking into account price increases its
going the right way. Better draught proofing and carpets should complete
the job got cheap and badly laid wooden stuff on all downstair rooms.
Having taken daily readings for a couple of weeks now I am confident of
getting my combined bills down to £1000 for the year, at least thats my
target.