Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nige Danton[_2_] Nige Danton[_2_] is offline

Default Free: Mathematics books.

A.Lee wrote:
Tony Bryer wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 20:06:17 +0000 PipL wrote :
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 18:23:01 -0000, ogden wrote:

wrote:

OU is a disappearing part of UK culture.

******** is it.

Have you seen the prices they charge now?

£1250 for a 30 point module.

Wow - I was fortunate to do my second degree (1991-96) at West London
Institute - Brunel as a PT mature student. Cost £50 per module
(x18=£900). How many OU modules make a degree?

IIRC, when I did it (OU), it was 120 points. Some modules were 15
points, the majority ( a years study) were 30 points. Cost around
£150/yr then ~1999.
Some were rather more expensive, anything that required course materials
and experimentation (chemistry?) were ridiculously expensive then.
Popular ones like maths were the cheapest, one tutorial a week where 20+
people attended, you were given a sheaf of papers, and left to get on
with it yourself.

It's 360 points for if you have no credit courses. The 360 points can be
earned by completing 60 or 30 point courses. At the rate of one full 60
point course per year it's six years of study.

--
Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l