Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.motorcycles
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Free: Mathematics books.

Tony Bryer wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 20:06:17 +0000 PipL wrote :
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 18:23:01 -0000, ogden wrote:

wrote:

OU is a disappearing part of UK culture.

******** is it.

Have you seen the prices they charge now?

£1250 for a 30 point module.

Wow - I was fortunate to do my second degree (1991-96) at West London
Institute - Brunel as a PT mature student. Cost £50 per module
(x18=£900). How many OU modules make a degree?

IIRC, when I did it (OU), it was 120 points. Some modules were 15
points, the majority ( a years study) were 30 points. Cost around
£150/yr then ~1999.
Some were rather more expensive, anything that required course materials
and experimentation (chemistry?) were ridiculously expensive then.
Popular ones like maths were the cheapest, one tutorial a week where 20+
people attended, you were given a sheaf of papers, and left to get on
with it yourself.