Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Motherboard /processor upgrade ?

In article , charles
scribeth thus
In article ,
tony sayer wrote:

OK .. there is an outfit round here who has a hard drive "mincer" it
does just that . His firm collects PC's takes the hard drives out and
puts them in a machine that literally minces them into small chunks!..

We once tried to wreck some hard drives but hitting them with a hammer
and throwing them at the floor not dropping them, throwing them. It was
very surprising just how robust they were even with that treatment.

when I took the hard drive out of a desktop machine I then undid some
screws and removed the cover and then the disk. It can be bent by putting
it in vice and htting it witha hammer. Some of the coating flakes off, too.

cheaper than paying someone to use a 'mincer'.

Ah!, but you don't get a certificate of destruction for that to comply
with some BS approval system!...
--
Tony Sayer