Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Motherboard /processor upgrade ?

On 20/12/2012 22:21, Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:09:12 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 20/12/2012 13:33, tony sayer wrote:

WOC are good if you live near them and are going by there to pick
stuff up, but online suppliers provided you are ordering sufficient
to get free on inc carriage can be cheaper..

and less reliable.

What your saying that a hard disk in a sealed pack is less reliable?.

Depends on how it has been handled. I have used suppliers in the past
that supplied new disks in a jiffy bag! (as opposed to the proper shock
protecting padded drive boxes)

a.k.a. CPC - who leave them loose in a big box with a load of other stuff
- well, quite often anyway.

I think an outfit called A2Z was the worst I found - literally posting
in a jiffy bag with no other protection. At least with CPC you get a box
- just remember not to order a club hammer in the same order ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.