Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+ Tim+ is offline

Default Shortening a washing machine inlet hose...

Phil K wrote:
Can anyone tell me a way to shorten a diswasher inlet hose (same as a
washing machine inlet hose)? I have one that is about 3m long, but I want
it to be less than 1m long.

After I chop 2m out of the hose, I'm wondering if a 3" length of 15mm
copper pipe would be a push-fit into the hose (or near-enough so that a
couple of jubileee clips could be used to make the joins watertight.

Thanks,

PK

Don't even think about it. You'll never produce a join as secure as the
crimped ones. Just buy a shorter one, it's not as if they're expensive and
they're *vastly* cheaper than dealing with the consequences of a flood.

Tim