Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Wood Floor Question/Agree with Acclimation

On 12/20/2012 1:46 AM, Dave Dodson wrote:
it's simply cheaper in the long run to do so) AND:

!!!especially if you want to maintain the manufacturer's warranty!!!

Ah...Someone who raised my point of consideration...Regardless of what
other experts say, what do the manufacturers of the flooring specify? Why
do they say "acclimate" or "not acclimate"? They may be basing their
position on faulty data but if you do not follow their recommendation,
will warranty on the flooring be invalid due to improper installation?
Just my $0.02 worth(less)...DaveD

Exactly! Other than a couple days' time, what do you lose by
acclimating the flooring (which was, after all, John's initial concern)?

I know that you will find manufacturer's suggesting or requiring
acclimation of their product, but I seriously doubt that you'll ever see
one that says "Do Not Acclimate" What would be the purpose? To be
fair, unless you're moving a super dry product into a more humid
environment AND disregarding the requirement to leave spacing around the
perimeter for product movement, you're probably going to be okay also.
Much ado about not so much.