Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Fat Max Propylene cylinders

That threw my browser into search mode, and
this one seemed to relate:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12117.html

Said that one should burn off the contents of the
tank, and then take it back to the store for refund
or exchange. I wonder if it would power a
portable heater, it's a shame to waste that
perfectly good combustible gas.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Steve W." wrote in message

Ohio based Worthington Cylinders has issued a voluntary recall of its
MAP-Pro, Propylene and MAPP cylinders due to a potential leak.

Established in 1955, Worthington Cylinders prides itself in the safety
of its products and in workplace safety. In keeping with this mission
statement, the company has issued a voluntary recall of a number of its
cylinders.

The MAP-Pro, Propylene and MAPP cylinders have been recalled. According
to Worthington Cylinders this is due to, “a potential leak occurring
when a torch or hose is disconnected from the cylinder.”

The firm has not received reports of injuries or accidents related to
the issue.

For more information, or for instructions on how to dispose of or return
cylinders for a refund, visit www.mapcylinder-recall.com

Basically it says that the seal in the valve can leak, so If you attach
a torch head just leave it on till the bottle is empty.

--
Steve W.