Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Warning: Corgi 2 port actuator

In article ,
Heliotrope Smith writes
fred wrote in :

In article , John
Stumbles writes
On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:54:41 +0000, fred wrote:

As an update, I thought I'd wire it up to check the motor
driven operation and it's fookd, cogs slip under motor
drive too so it going back. I'll let you know if the
replacement fares any better.

Did you attach the head to the valve to test?

Alas no and I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Even the honeywell heads will crunch and grind
if not attached securly to the valve when operated
by hand or electric motor.

Thank you for the education, many valves fitted but no heads changed.
That was indeed the problem and basic tests show it is operating
correctly. Apologies to Corgi for the faulty information but comments on
sharp edges remain.

Thanks again.
--
fred