Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Nova Nova is offline

Default Which lathe would you choose?

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 09:50:06 -0500, "Teejay"
wrote:

In an Utopic situation where money, space and access were not issues, which
lathe would you choose? Assuming you would make a variety of thing ranging
from pens and related small spindles, bowls up to as much as 10 inches in
diameter, platters up to 12 inches in diameter, an occasional long spindle
(30 or so inches for table legs), hollow projects such as vases, humidors
and maybe even urns which lathe would be an all-around favorite. One-Way,
Jets models, Delta models, Vega, Vicmarc or others?

I have no ulterior motives here just curious what people would think.

Thanks and happy holidays to all and happy turning!

Tom in Howell, NJ

If price and space weren't an issue I'd buy a Oneway 2436 lathe.

http://www.oneway.ca/index.php?optio...id=18&Itemid=2
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA