Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where is the outrage?

Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:47:37 -0600, Ignoramus18148

On 2012-12-19, Steve B wrote:

The Leftwingers always seem to avoid mentioning that all the mass
killings in the past 30 yrs have been in Gun Free Zones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Nutjobs have been around for a while now. I notice that this incident did
not get high explosives banned.

Actually, it did.

Article referred to from the above:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrotol

``Pyrotol was an explosive available for a time after World War I.[1]
It was reprocessed from military surplus.[2] Usually used in
combination with dynamite, it created an incendiary blast. Since it
was very inexpensive, it was often used by farmers to remove tree
stumps and clear ditches.[3] The substance was known for being used to
commit the Bath School Disaster[4][5] in 1927 and distribution of
pyrotol for farm use was discontinued in 1928.[6]''

So it didnt get explosives banned. They simply stopped selling that
particular trade name as the surplus started running out.

Don't try to confuse him with facts. There wasn't the glut of
surplus from W.W.I as there was from W.W. II, due to the japanese
surrender after Hiroshima & Nagasaki which brought it to an abrupt end.
Lots of war materials were in the pipeline were suddenly surplused. Some
electronics were still in original packaging in surplus warehouses into
the early '80s.