Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile
usenet2012 usenet2012 is offline

Default Alert Pal Alarm Camera anyone?

In message , Roger Mills
writes
On 19/12/2012 08:55, usenet2012 wrote:
In message , Roger Mills
writes
Recently received an email from LocksOnline (from whom I've bought
mechanical bits and pieces in the past) attempting to sell me a
security system. Details he
http://www.locksonline.co.uk/acatalo...ra_Home__Fire_
__Security_.html

The idea seems to be that when (if) it detects an intruder or a fire
in your home, it sends you and SMS message - together with photos of
whatever its camera can see - prompting you to contact the police or
fire brigade from wherever you happen to be.

I immediately thought this would be great for fitting inside my
allotment shed. But the battery life is stated as 10-12 hours so no
good. Anyone know of a setup which would last longer?

I wonder what the output of the power adapter is, and whether you could
derive that from a car battery. If so, that should last a bit longer!

5.5V - I could bodgerise a mobile car charging lead I guess.

--
Simon

12) The Second Rule of Expectations
An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.