Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_6_] Graham.[_6_] is offline

Default Warning: Corgi 2 port actuator

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:54:41 +0000, fred wrote:

I need a replacement actuator head for a Honeywell 2 port zone valve so
was interested to find a pattern replacement at Toolstation:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p38858

The Corgi brand name did put me off but I thought I'd try it. On
inspection it is as rough as ********, sharp edges on all the metalwork,
including the manual actuator lever (nasty). The manual action is also
suspect, the original Honeywells all have similar opposition to movement
as the teeth on the manual actuator mesh with and turn the regular
synchronous motor actuator, and on release, the return of the lever is
damped by the motor action. On the Corgi, the manual actuator meshes on
activation but fails to maintain contact with the cogs on release
resulting in a grating between the cogs as it slips and disengages
contact.

On this basis I can't recommend it for installation, pay an extra tenner
for the original part.

What was wrong with the original?
In my (limited) experience it's the motor itself that fails and it's
easily obtainable for about £7-10.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%