Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
a friend a friend is offline

Default Preppers

"Ignoramus10903" wrote in message
Due to the recent media attention, I was thinking about
"preppers". These "preppers", apparently, are a little different from
"survivalists", in that they are mostly hoarding ammunition, food and
comfort items and are not as interested in wilderness, orienteering
etc. I watched a TV program about preppers and luxury bomb shelters
and I thought, this is nonsense. A female version of survivalism.

I was thinking about it and realized that this approach has a fatal
flaw, which is that preppers assume that when the world as we know
ends, they will still be able to live in and use their homes.

The history shows that much of the time, disasters and wars dispossess
people of their homes.

Disaster strikes, bye bye food hoard. Usually bye bye guns also.

Then what would a "prepper" do? Not much. They are ****ed just like
everyone else.

I am not really against hoarding, and I have always been a bit of a
hoarder, but I wanted to show that hoarding has its limitations. There
is some important preparedness that goes beyond hoarding and spending
big $$$ on bulky perishables.

Most preppers don't get laid properly, and synthesize a cause.

Having said that, Moi is starting to prep.... LOL
It's really all about hedging a bet, and different people hedge differently.

The people who are REALLY ****ed -- and cant' hedge at all -- are those
living in urban centers (NYC, LA, cheecago) -- and, unfort'ly, those living
NEXT to urban centers.
If you live next to an urban center, and have plenty of food/water, make
sure your ammo to food ratio is about 1 bullet per oz of food/water

And, ackshooly, with enough firepower, you no need no prepping, as others
have, essentially, prepped for you....
Dats when old missile silos come in handy.... LOL.

If you believe the idiocy of which you speak, why don't you move far
away - for example, to the Magrheb, or to central Australia, where there
no people around. Your fantasy of killing everyone around you so you
can survive is just a deranged

--
For a $5 dollar donation today you get credit for $10 with HIM