Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default WIFI range extender ????

I recently changed to BT fibre and have the old wireless router - which
isn't that old. Could I feed that off the BT one to act as a range
extender - situated in a different part of the house? I have CAT5 going to
the attic room and having a second transmitter up there would probably
give much better coverage - the BT one is situated next to where the line
comes into the house.

Thats what I did with my old router.
Just disable DHCP in the old router and plug it into one of the LAN
ports and it should go.
If you set the SSID and pass phrase to the same as the new one and put
it on a different channel the computers should be able to select the
best one dynamically.