Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default No Smoking on the Underground

I guess the great and the good got first pickings as usual.

Brian

Email:

rbel wrote in message ...
On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:00:11 +0000, polygonum
wrote:

Many times I have stood at Baker Street or one of the other stations
where steam locomotives used to haul and thought, what a smokey horrible
place it would be if they still ran. Well...

Steam train back on tube track for 150-year anniversary celebrations

Test run for London Underground's anniversary sees restored locomotive
pull Victorian carriage from Earl's Court to Moorgate

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/de...nd-anniversary

Wish I had been there to see and smell it.

Fantastic. I am amazed that today's 'elfin safety' permitted it.
Whilst years of acute discomfort associated with the Paddington -
Westminster section of the Circle during the rush hour cured me of any
affection for the tube I too would love to see it.

According to the article all the tickets for the January runs have
been sold but I may just risk a trip to London just to see it.
--
rbel