Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

Default Alert Pal Alarm Camera anyone?

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:04:13 GMT, Jethro_uk wrote:

SMS, like email, is inherently unreliable. It's not guaranteed to work,

Yep had many occasions of SMS messages taking hours to arrive. Daughter
gets quite cross when her messages to arrive on my phone several hours
after she sent them.

and in instances where it doesn't the originator may not be aware of
it's failure.

You can turn on the delivery reciept thingy but that doesn't mean the
recipient has actually noticed the message let alone read it. I don't
have my phone glued to my body, so if a message arrives and I'm not in
ear shot it can be quite a while before I notice. Sometimes prompted by
daughter "haven't you got my message?"...

--
Cheers
Dave.