Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default More Media Lies

On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:07:40 -0000, "TTman"
wrote:

"Peter" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 12:56:43 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

More Media Lies

The media keeps saying "semi-automatic", but all weapons used were
pistols...

http://tinyurl.com/d35ffhv

...Jim Thompson

The media certainly has a responsibility for accuracy, but here the
real problem to be addressed is the unnecessary widespread
availability of guns to people who not only do not have a need, but
rely on the 'right to bear arms'. Rights also have responsibilities,
and the government should seriously get on and properly restrict
access to firearms. Semiautomatic are obviously a potential problem,
but even single shot are highly dangerous.

Peter

All guns are deadly in the hands of a maniac so who cares if they are
auto/semi/single shot ?
get a life you lot and think of the deceased

What pistol is NOT "semi-automatic", except perhaps a single-barrel
Derringer?

Almost all of these nut case crimes happened because "medical privacy"
rules prevent disclosure that would have prevented qualification to
buy a weapon.

And look at the Fort Hood case... Hasan was outwardly hostile against
"infidels", but the record was suppressed because of FEAR of
infringing the civil rights of some Islamic nutcase. Now the trial
is delayed while he appeals to keep his beard. Shoot the @#$%^& and
get it over with.

...Jim Thompson
--