Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default Tracks to nowhere?

On Dec 13, 5:47*pm, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 16:48:16 +0000, Tim+ wrote:
On 13/12/12 13:41, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Posted in another group:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...tonowhere.jpg/

what are these tracks for?

they are tuned circuits. open ended transmission lines. Or a bored
draughtsman doodling..

You mean like Bill's name carved into the cliff of the IOW above
Blackgangs (but below Balckgang Chine)

http://binged.it/RrnNYL

Tim

Wasn't the old canard that they were put there to catch people out for
copying maps ? I always thought "oh yeah", but a year working with a
digital mapping application proved otherwise. And it's really a neat idea..

I wonder if there are any pieces of electronic kit which have a useless
component soldered in isolation somewhere, just to be able to snare
counterfeits ?

A lot of electronic "counterfeits" are made on the same lines as the
real things and are indistinguishable.

MBQ