Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Wood Floor Question/Agree with Acclimation

jloomis wrote:
When it comes to vapor barriers and concrete.
I agree.
My friend ran Sandy Pond Hardwoods, and actually manufactured wood
flooring. He has 30 years experience in installation, hardwoods,
laminate, etc. He was very careful to let me know that it was not
necessary....
So, I do understand our reasoning in acclimation, and then from an
experienced floor person,
I get yet another opinion. hummmmmmm
I was actually hoping to get some work prior to Christmas......
Well, now that I got the pro's and con's, I have made up my mind to
let the floor acclimate, and work
after Christmas.

Be very careful who/what you consider to be the "pros" here. There are far
more non-pros here than there are pros. Even within the ranks of the pros,
there is far less factual information behind their recommendations than real
fact. On the other hand - there are those who have detemined some best
practices, and share those - complete with consdierations that may or may
not apply to your location. Be wary of the "experts" that attempt to simply
throw out an answer.

--

-Mike-