Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Grip-Tite Featherboard Design Flaw?....

On 12/11/2012 6:05 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhkgeYvqljc

This video is a review of the Grip-Tite Featherboard for the table saw.
Watch when he goes to push the stock through the blade. The editing
conveniently cuts the shot right before he has to push past the blade.
The handle on the featherboard attached to the fence is completely
blocking his push shoe.

Of course, this is the same guy who posted the video demonstrating
kickback and almost lost a digit in the process. :-)

I have one grip tite. I don't use it much, but occasional. I found that
it interfered with my push stick/shoe, or gripper.

I don't have the roller. I think it is a decent setup. I will say when I
do use it, it comes in handy, so like anything else, every tool, it's
how you use it, and what it solves.