Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] krw@att.bizzz is offline

Default $80 Hammer-- if only it was 1975. . .

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:55:07 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Wouldn't ever happen to me. I don't answer the phone unless I'm
awake, alert, and recognize the caller ID. . . . and want to talk to
that person at that time.g

I suspect a caller ID of: "Ambassador - Court of Saint James, London" might
cause your curiosity to trump your determination.

I don't recall "caller ID" being available in 1965, and not many people
had answering machines or phones with "ringer off" switches, either.

The "ringer off" switch was the plug in (out of) the wall.