Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Fast and easy cabinet door...Opinion

On 12/11/2012 8:33 AM, wrote:
Just finished building a new shop. 24X24 One wall will have a large
section of shop built cabinets. I'd like to put doors on the cabinets
...I want fast cheap and dimensionally stable. ...

I'll go the other route than most of the responses I've seen (altho
haven't read everything in the thread it has been a fair fraction). If
you standardize the sizes and do it as a production run w/, say, a
square rail/stile, you could do conventional doors in a very short time
and have a much nicer product in the end...

Amana and several others makes a mission-style cutter set that I like
since I have 3/4"|1" spindle shaper but you can do it all w/ just the
tablesaw as well...

They square up automagically on assembly if simply make sure the ends
are cut square. I use wide stock wide enough for 3 or 4 at a time then
rip to width and groove. Again, pick a few standard sizes and they can
be turned out en masse...I've made such for shop and other
not-for-prime-time use out of just standard one-by shelving stock and
fir ply or even masonite/hardboard and w/ a coat of paint they're very
presentable...