Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] krw@att.bizzz is offline

Default An idiot and his table saw... The truth

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:31:13 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 07:47:21 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Apparently it is because there are four McDonalds mear me and the all
serve decent coffee very hot. If it is being served cold near you then
something is wrong.

'Very hot' is meaningless without proper measurement.

Darn.
Please identify the scale, you know like Fahrenheit, Celsius or Kelvin,
that uses "very hot" as a marker on it.

But to most people, "very hot" means you have to blow on it before putting
it in your mouth, or you need protection before you pick it up, or you don't
fiddle around with an open container between your knees while sitting in a
car

To Bunn, for example, on their commercial coffee server SH series

http://www.bunn.com/pdfs/manuals/41976.0000.pdf

The water temperature should be no less than 91°C (195°F)

That's the brewing temperature. The serving temperature (the
temperature in the carafe) will be somewhat lower. As I mentioned
before DD's required their franchisees to keep the serving temperature
at 180F +/-3F. It was one of the tests done during the on-site
inspections. The first thing they would do is stick the thermometer
into the coffee at the counter (not a freshly brewed pot).

Are any of these things actually adjustable by the restaurant?

By the restaurant, I believe at least some are. DD's franchisees were
responsible for it.